E-learning, about 2 hours.
Entering Dangerous (Enclosed) Spaces is an e-learning training covering Chapter 15 of the Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seafarers.
The training is available in English.
Offshore Training Center issues a certificate of completion (MEN print) in the English version ready for independent printing.
Entering Dangerous (Enclosed) Spaces
The course is based on British and international standards and is dedicated to the crews of seagoing vessels. Contains covering Chapter 15 of the Code of Safety Working Practices for Merchant Seafarers.
It covers the following topics:
- Duties and responsibilities of a competent person and an authorised officer
- Precautions before entering a dangerous space
- Identifying potential hazards
- Preparing and securing the space for entry
- Testing the atmosphere of the space
- Use of control systems
- Safety precautions before entry
- Procedures and arrangements during entry
- Procedures on completion
- Additional requirements for entry into a space where the atmosphere is suspect or known to be unsafe
- Training, instruction and information
- Breathing apparatus and resuscitation equipment
- Preparation for an emergency