Personnel working at heights in Norway
The course lasts one day and may be conducted in Polish or English.
The practical exercises involve the use of a variety of equipment so that the participant gains knowledge of many different types of it.
Classroom course encompassing both theoretical and practical components.
The theoretical component may be conducted in a virtual, live classroom.
Norwegian Certificate of Competency in form of plastic card with photo. Valid indefinitely.
Prior to issuing of original certyficate in form of a plastic card, acredited instructor will issue a Temporary Certificate authorizing commence of employment.
Norwegian Working at Heights
On completion of the course, the participant will: possess the necessary competence to work at heights, and the awareness of the risks this entails. They will also be in a position to assess risks and requirements connected to specific tasks performed at heights. The participant will have gained knowledge of the use of personal-protection measures and equipment to prevent falling.
The Norwegian name for the course is: “Arbeid i høyden / fallsikring”.
The course consists of the following topic blocks:
- regulation on work performance (“Forskrift om utførelse av arbeid” regulation No 703 of the Norwegian Labour Inspectorate)
- regulation on organisation, management and cooperation (“Forskrift om organisering, ledelse og medvirkning”, regulation No 1355)
- regulation on the workplace (“Arbeidsplassforskriften”, regulation No 1356)
- regulation on the producer (“Produsentforskriften”, regulation No 1359)
- causes of accidents while working at heights
- correct performance of security measures in the workplace
- risk assessment and the analysis of safe working
- collective and individual protection measures while working at heights
- inspection and correct adjustment of safety equipment
- correct use of harnesses and safety pulleys while working
- procedures in the event of accidents