Individual or collective training
E-learning, about 20 hours.
Safe Working Practices – set (audio) is an e-learning training covering all 33 chapters of the Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seafarers.
The training is available in English.
A certificate for this type of training is not issued.
Safe Working Practices – set (audio)
The course is based on British and international standards and is dedicated to the crews of seagoing vessels.
Contains audio files corresponding to all chapters and selected attachments of the Code of Safe Working Practices for Merchant Seafarers.
It covers the following topics:
- Managing occupational health and safety
- Safety induction
- Living on board
- Emergency drills and procedures
- Fire precautions
- Security on board
- Health surveillance
- Personal protective equipment
- Safety signs and their use
- Manual handling
- Safe movement on board ship
- Noise, vibration and other physical agents
- Safety officials
- Permit to work systems
- Entering dangerous (enclosed) spaces
- Hatch covers and access lids
- Work at height
- Provision, care and use of work equipment
- Lifting plant and operations
- Work on machinery and power systems
- Hazardous substances and mixtures
- Boarding arrangements
- Food preparation and handling in the catering department
- Hot work
- Anchoring, mooring and towing operations
- Roll-on / roll-off ferries
- Dry cargo
- Tankers and other ships carrying bulk liquid cargoes
- Port towage industry
- Ships serving offshore oil and gas installations
- Ships serving offshore renewables installations