All personnel willing/ working at offshore sector.
E-learning, approximately 60 minutes.
Working at Height (Offshore) it’s a e-learning course, delivered by norwegian training company Seagull Maritime AS.
The training is run in English.
Offshore Training Center issues a certificate of completion of the course (Ministry of National Education print) in Polish and English or Norwegian.
Working at heights (Offshore)
The course defines working at height and how to safely access high working places. The correct use of a waist belt safety harness and a full body safety harness, when attached to a fall restraint or a fall arrest system are described. There is information on using cranes to undertake personnel transfer between a vessel and installation. Also featured are high rescue techniques used for a disabled or unconscious person.
The course uses a mixture of case studies, sound, video and images from offshore vessels, to achieve the learning objectives.
Relevant legislations and references: COSWP, MGN 410, EU Directive 2001-45-EC
- State what is meant by working at height
- Identify the dangers to themselves and others when working at height
- Identify how to access high work places safely
- Recognise safe methods of working at height
- State how harnesses and restraining devices should be used
- Identify the safe use of man riding devices
- Identify the steps to be taken to rescue a stranded and possibly unconscious person